The Assistant Athletics Director for Communications will also develop and implement a plan which supports related fundraising initiatives and grows communication with athletic alumni. The Assistant Athletics Director for Communications will assist the Director of Athletics on special projects and reports as assigned.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the Director of Athletics and Recreation and the Development and Alumni Relations Director to create and implement a strategic fundraising plan for the Athletic department to relieve operational budget expenditures and enhance facility and program needs.
- Develop a Badger Den Booster club.
- Plan and promote campus and regional events and programs in support of alumni relations and fundraising initiatives.
- Increase athletic alumni giving by agreed upon percentage each year.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Highly motivated and organized.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
- Strong computer skills and competency in Stat Crew, Microsoft Word, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
The University values diversity and inclusion and strongly encourages applications from members of ethnic minority groups and other under-represented backgrounds. NVU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the Vermont State Colleges' system and does not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, religion, ancestry, place of birth, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age or veteran status, or against a qualified individual with a disability, or any other person whose status is protected under local, state or federal laws.