Under the general direction of the Associate Athletics Director, the Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance will assist in all aspects of administering day-to-day oversight of the athletics compliance program for a Division I Athletics Department with 24 varsity programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary compliance contact/facilitator for football, men’s lacrosse, men’s and women’s track and field, men’s golf, and men’s and women’s tennis.
- Provide general oversight of athletics compliance and departmental issues as a member of the Athletics Department’s Senior Staff.
- Oversee a comprehensive rules educational program for all athletic staff members, which includes interpretation and dissemination regarding NCAA rules.
- Administrative facilitator for strength and conditioning, equipment, sports medicine, and Media / Marketing.
- Act as liaison to the NCAA, Big East Conference, and Colonial Athletic Association for rules interpretation and enforcement.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 4+ years of experience in in NCAA Compliance, preferably in a Division 1 Athletics Department.
- Knowledge of NCAA and Conference rules.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to perform accurate, detailed work under time pressures. Strong interpersonal communication skills combined with the ability to interact with diverse groups. Ability to pay attention to details and handle sensitive and confidential records.