- Oversee and ensure departmental compliance with all NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and policies.
- Be knowledgeable and current with all applicable NCAA, conference, and departmental rules and regulations. Provide written updates and interpretations of current, new, and proposed NCAA/conference rules and regulations.
- Develop and implement systems and procedures to ensure compliance and monitoring of all NCAA and conference rules.
- Develop and coordinate pro-active a comprehensive rules education program for prospective student-athletes, enrolled student-athletes, coaches, faculty, staff, boosters, and other university constituents.
- Identify and investigate potential NCAA and/or Lone Star Conference rules violations in accordance with departmental and university policy and report them accordingly.
- Coordinate student-athlete eligibility certification in conjunction with the Faculty Athletics Representative Office of the Registrar and communicate eligibility information to the appropriate coaches.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to the institution’s mission and vision.
- Strong managerial and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner.
- Strong ability to multitask and problem solve.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.