The Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance & Student Services will provide leadership to a comprehensive athletics program consisting of 17 men’s and women’s intercollegiate sports. This position oversees compliance and student services initiatives for the Department of Athletics and serves as a liaison to many campus committees and services (academic records, financial aid, student conduct, etc).
- Provides academic advising and counseling to student-athletes in various academic majors in matters relating to goal setting, curriculum choice, course load, study habits, and course selection.
- Evaluates student-athletes records and transcripts to ensure eligibility requirements are met following NCAA and institution policies and guidelines.
- Regulates and monitor student-athlete class registration and drop/add lists.
- Identifies at-risk students and refers students to appropriate resources.
- Conducts and arranges tutoring programs for student-athletes.
- Communicates effectively with coaches and other staff concerning student-athlete academic performance.
- Master’s degree and a minimum of one years of professional experience in higher education in areas such as coaching, compliance, admissions, or advising; or Bachelor’s degree plus two years of management experience specifically related to compliance and rules regulation.
- Strong knowledge & understanding of an athletics department at a post-secondary collegiate/university level.
- Strong understanding of NCAA compliance rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective goal-oriented relationships.
- Strong organization skills and ability to take initiative, multi-task, and achieve a high level of productivity in a collaborative environment under time sensitive deadlines.