The Assistant Athletics Director for Media Relations will oversee the Athletic Communications office. The incumbent is responsible for providing and promoting relevant information to the media and the public, as well as facilitating media coverage and fan engagement. This position is responsible for overseeing and serving as the point of contact for the SSU athletics website and social media platforms.
- Promote and publicize every aspect of SSU intercollegiate athletics.
- Implement an inclusive communications plan to enhance the exposure of SSU Athletics.
- Coordinate communications for schedules, webcasts, competition results and statistics, athlete/coach profiles, awards, service and interest stories.
- Provides timely and accurate information to meet the needs of SSU's fans.
- Provides sport supervision for several athletic programs.
- Provides leadership in the implementation of special projects and assists the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics as required in other special projects involving intercollegiate athletics.
- Responsible for all departmental records and archiving.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of media relations databases.
- Skilled in web-based tools and technologies.
- Skilled in communication (interpersonal, oral and written), presenting and networking.
- Skills in analyzing information and trends and conveying relevant results and evolving strategy.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and orientation toward customer service.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of participants, partners, and audiences.