The Iowa State University Athletics Department is accepting applications for Assistant Athletics Director for Student-Athlete Development. This position has program oversight of the co-curriculum focus for developing support and resources that promote the holistic development of ISU student-athletes. Responsible for the daily operations, budget, and leadership of the unit. Serves as a subject matter expert and advises on issues within athletics related to assigned area.
- Progressive experience working with high level athletes in a collegiate student-athlete development, elite athlete development, and/or student-athlete support services.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Experience with academic course development and teaching.
- Master's degree in related field.
- Creates the vision and strategies for enhancing the student-athlete experience in collaboration with various stakeholders.
- Establishes a focus on student-athlete personal development, career development, community outreach, decision-making, and leadership development.
- Develops and implements class curriculum and co-teach academic courses specific to student-athlete development. Supports and grows a team to co-teach academic courses.
- Collaborates with the ISU Letterwinners Club to identify initiatives to connect current student-athletes with alumni (i.e., mentorship, networking, internships).
- Oversees the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) and other student-athlete organizations.
- Designs and delivers team-specific programming as needed in collaboration with coaches.
- Builds campus and external partnerships to support student-athlete development programming and initiatives; service-learning initiatives; career workshops; and career fairs/networking opportunities.
- Works with the communications team to identify and share success stories of student-athletes and the athletics department.