The Assistant Athletics Director for Marketing & Fan Engagement provides leadership and oversight for La Salle University’s Athletics marketing functions, gameday experiences and fan engagement. Those responsibilities include directing and coordinating Athletics marketing, fan experience, community relations and collaborating with the external team on digital engagement through social media channels.
- Direct and oversee La Salle marketing function to increase marketplace awareness and credibility. Conduct market research and develop strategies and plans to identify and develop opportunities to enhance the La Salle brand.
- Oversees meaningful and innovative event and game-day experiences in order to engage, inspire and entertain. This includes but is not limited to: athletic competitions, fan days, building dedications, [DL1] and celebration/recognition dinners.
- Create and implement a comprehensive marketing plan which builds and shares a compelling view of the direction and purpose of the Athletic Department and its initiatives to educate, engage and motivate external partners, in conjunction with Athletics and University colleagues.
- Work to develop and direct pre-game, half-time and time-out activities at home events, particularly at men’s and women’s basketball, to enhance fan experience.
- Work with Athletic External Relations team on digital media projects that amplify messaging on social media platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s in marketing or related field of study.
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing position.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution, and management.
- Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns and successful public relations.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.