The University of Maryland Eastern Shore invites resumes for a full-time, twelve-month, exempt position with full benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The position reports to Associate Athletics Director of External Affairs. The Assistant Athletic Director works closely with the Associate Athletic Directors in promoting and coordinating operations for the athletic program.
- Serve as main media liaison for assigned sports.
- Provides social media development, promotion, and website management.
- Responsible for game day operations (facilities, equipment, etc.). within the athletic department.
- Supervise all Sports Information Assistants and contractual gameday staff.
- Provides administrative and gameday/event coverage as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years’ experience working in collegiate athletics.
- Must have a depth of knowledge in social media, marketing, graphic design.
- Experience in social media management.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of overall operation of an athletic program.
- Must be committed to working additional time (evenings and weekends) as necessary to ensure a quality program.
- Must be able to attend all contests as assigned by the Associate Athletics Director.
- Excellent communication skills.
UMES is an EEO/AA employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.