Norfolk State University, a NCAA Division I institution, is seeking applicants for the Assistant Athletic Director of Compliance. The position will report to the Associate Athletics Director for Administration.
- Oversee interpretation of NCAA rules, develops procedures and policies to remain in compliance, plans and implements education and training for staff, monitors eligibility and financial aid, advises and counsels athletes on eligibility, and assists with the overall monitoring of rules compliance in accordance with University, Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Coordinating National Letter of Intent program.
- Assisting with writing and processing of appropriate legislation waivers to the NCAA and or MEAC office.
- Investigating, processing and submitting violation reports.
- Monitoring NCAA eligibility center.
- Serving as liaison for various departments across campus (Registrar, admission, financial aid).
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum five years’ experience working in compliance.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules regulations.
- Higher education/Collegiate experience.