This position serves as a member of the leadership team for intercollegiate athletics and is responsible for ensuring the College’s compliance with applicable NCAA rules and regulations. This position works collaboratively with the Offices of Admission, Financial Aid and Scholarships, and the Academic Achievement Center to support and encourage student-athlete success.
- Ensure the compliance of all College athletics programs with applicable NCAA rules and regulations.
- Develop and administer ongoing education of NCAA and Great Lakes Valley Conference rules and regulations for student-athletes, coaches, faculty, and staff.
- Work collaboratively with the Office of Advancement to develop, administer, and distribute educational materials of NCAA and Great Lakes Valley Conference rules for donors, boosters, and other representatives of athletics interests.
- Oversee the National Letter of Intent (NLI) Program in accordance with the Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) plan.
- Analyze and evaluate prospective student-athlete initial eligibility, transfer eligibility and continuing eligibility.
- Track Academic Success Rate (ASR) and Federal Graduation Rate (FGR) for the Athletics Department in conjunction with the Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR) and the Registrar.
- Manage NCAA platforms such as the Eligibility Center, Compliance Assistant, etc. on behalf of the institution for record keeping and monitoring.
- Provide rules interpretation and monitor playing and practice seasons.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree required.
- Proven experience in intercollegiate athletics administration and rules compliance/interpretation preferred.
- Knowledge of and commitment to strict adherence to NCAA, GLVC and institutional rules and regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of Title IX regulations and understanding of the importance of Title IX training and awareness within athletics and the larger higher education environment.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with a strong understanding of importance to detail.
- Working knowledge of computer systems, student database systems and experience working with Compliance Assistant and Legislative Service Database required.