Under the direction of the Deputy Athletics Director and in partnership with the Director of Development for Athletics, the Assistant Athletics Director of External Relations is responsible for implementing and overseeing a comprehensive program that increases private philanthropic support for the Athletics Department. As directed by the Senior Associate Athletic Director, the incumbent analyzes donor metrics and implements strategies to increase both annual giving revenues and total number of donors to Athletics.
- Works collaboratively with University Relations and Advancement, the Alumni Association, and the Foundation, and administers the sponsor benefits program; strategically plans fundraising events in conjunction with Athletics staff and coaches and in accordance with University and department policies and procedures.
- Helps manage donor engagement experiences and develops stewardship strategies to sustain and strengthen donor relationships.
- Operates within the scope and intent of NCAA, Big West Conference, University, and departmental policies and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a job-related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Equivalent to five years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience; with two of the five years in a managerial role preferred.
- Three years of fundraising experience in a university development program, non-profit organization, or equivalent experience, in an environment with a focus on Athletics, is preferred.
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability.