Responsible for managing all aspects of the sports information and media relations for Hawai?i Pacific University Athletics and its 12 sports programs in accordance with the rules and policies of the University, Pacific West Conference and the NCAA Division II. The position involves producing and publicizing a variety of written, verbal and video communication, coordinating efforts with media outlets, maintaining program records and managing game-day operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Two years’ experience in media relations, sports information or public relations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) and desktop publishing software.
- Working knowledge of in-game statistical software (e.g. StatCrew).
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as a primary contact for all media inquiries regarding HPU Athletics Department sponsored sports.
- Write and distribute press releases and featured stories aimed at promoting HPU Athletics.
- Produce and distribute media guides.
- Develop and maintain HPU Athletics website.
- Coordinate broadcasting initiatives and media appearances between the media outlets and the members of HPU Athletics staff and/or student-athletes.
- Explore and coordinate efforts in new media technologies/opportunities such as, but not limited to, audio/video streaming, social media distribution, etc.