Assistant Baseball Coach
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
- The position is responsible for assisting the head coach with recruiting, coaching and training student-athletes in the sport of baseball to prepare them for success in competition at the NCAA Division I level and to ensure their satisfactory academic progress through graduation.
- Academics: Contribute to and reinforce an environment of academic expectations, achievement, and success that supports and encourages academic progress and graduation, with an emphasis on programmatic policies and procedures that produce a multi-year APR score at or above NCAA minimum requirements and a single year APR of 985 annually. In a manner consistent with institutional academic integrity, the Assistant Coach agrees to direct all communication concerning student-athletes academics through appropriate administrative and academic lines of communication as stipulated by departmental and university guidelines.
- Administration: Operate within the guidelines and requirements established by the University and the Department. Required documents and related administrative responsibilities must be handled in a thorough, complete, and timely manner. Promote execution of the Athletic Department's strategic plan by adhering to its mission and core values and acting upon its goals and strategies.
- Budget: Within the scope of authority, use university resources wisely, adhere to university and department fiscal procedures and practices, and operate within the budgetary allotment allocated by the University unless prior approval has been given by the athletics administration.
- Coaching: Ensure that team members are improving, developing, and progressing as athletes during their collegiate careers. Position program to achieve competitive goals as established in conjunction with athletics administration.
- Communication: Maintain effective, proactive, and responsive communication throughout the athletics program, while emphasizing relationships with head coach, sport administrators and support services.
- Compliance: Operate in an atmosphere of compliance, integrity, and within the scope and intent of NCAA, conference, and university regulations. Support the head coach by completing compliance-related activities in a complete and timely manner.
- Public Relations: Cultivate and maintain effective relations with associations, conferences, alumni, media, civic groups, students, faculty, parents, and friends of the University as directed by the head coach.
- Recruiting: Recruit and retain student-athletes who can compete successfully on a level consistent with program expectations and who can be successful in an academic environment and graduate from the University.
- Role Model: Be a professional representative of the University and a role model for student-athletes, the Department, and the community. Operate within the rules, regulations, and policies of the University and the Athletics Department.
- Sportsmanship: Foster a positive environment that encourages and supports sportsmanship and ensure that public statements are supportive of the University and the Athletics Department.
- Student-Athlete Development: Contribute to the total development of the student-athletes in the program in a manner consistent with the educational values of the University. In addition to their athletic development, provide support and assistance to service units and student-athletes with regard to academic progress and graduation.
- Team Player: Be a positive team player. Set a positive example for the Department by supporting the mission and philosophy of the Athletics program and the University.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Two (2) years prior experience coaching baseball or playing at the college or professional level.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must have strong knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations as they pertain to the sport of baseball.
- Master's Degree.
- Proven success coaching baseball, preferably at the NCAA Division I or II level.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Assistant-Baseball-Coach_R-021454