Reporting to the Head Baseball Coach and Director of Athletics, the Assistant Baseball Coach assists with organization of practices, recruitment, team travel, fund raising, and any other area of responsibility as directed by the Head Coach or Director of Athletics. The selected candidate must subscribe to the SIUE Principles Governing Athletics and comply with all University, Conference, and NCAA Division I rules and regulations. The Assistant Coach will work cooperatively and responsibly with other departmental personnel, support the student-athlete concept and demonstrate continuing concern for the health, safety, and welfare of each student-athlete.
The Assistant Baseball Coach may be assigned other related duties as assigned in support of the department’s mission and goals. Final candidate must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship.
The mission of the SIUE Intercollegiate Athletics program is to provide students with opportunities to enhance their education, to represent the University, and to participate in competitive sports while developing skills and understanding. This mission is fulfilled through meeting the following objectives:
1. Emphasize the student athlete concept and support the academic achievement of all participants;
2. Engage in all sporting activities in compliance with NCAA, Conference and University regulations and procedures;
3. Provide equal opportunities for both male and female athletes;
4. Enhance the University's visibility and name recognition through a comprehensive program of successful competitive athletics;
5. Provide spectator events that contribute to campus life, build community spirit and generate regional competition and rivalry.
Fully certified at the Division I level by the NCAA, SIUE is a member of the Ohio Valley Conference and the Mid-American Conference (MAC) (men’s soccer & wrestling).
This is a current Administrative / Professional vacancy at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. The position posting will close to applicants at end of business day, 4:30 pm CST, on the posting end date. SIUE offers an exceptional array of benefits to all full-time employees including medical, dental and life insurance; tuition waivers; financial savings plans; vacation and sick leave; and pension plan as part of a total compensation package to eligible employees.
Candidates must upload and attach the following documentation to their application package in SIUE’s HireTouch system: letter of application; resume; unofficial academic transcripts, including those for SIUE (MUST have for educational qualification verification); and list of at least three professional references with current contact information. Applicants will also need to complete the full Administrative / Professional application forms package located under the Applicant Profile box in HireTouch. Incomplete application packages will result in a delay of review and/or non-review.
To start the application process, click the “Apply for Position” button at the top of the job description page. This will prompt you to access your HireTouch account or create a new account. Only create a new account if you have NEVER done so previously. After logging in or completing your new profile, you can then complete the application process for individual positions. When uploading your required documents, please ensure you attach them to the correct position using the drop down box.
Applicants will be subject to a background check and/or drug screening prior to an offer of employment. NOTE: Some positions may be represented by a union and may require union dues.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Evidence of sound organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with student-athletes, colleagues, and the public.
- Four years collegiate playing experience (or some combination of collegiate and professional playing experience totaling 4 years).
- Master's degree.
- Previous coaching experience.
- NCAA Division I experience.
- Knowledge of University, Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.