The assistant coach will be involved with the day-to-day administration of a Division II baseball program and must attend all sport-related activities as required. The assistant coach will be involved in daily communication and interaction with student-athletes for their respective sport, and will make it priority to grow and develop their student-athletes both academically and athletically. The assistant coach is responsible for various aspects of their respective program and reports directly to the head coach. The assistant coach will support the mission and values of CSP and serve as a mentor and role model to student athletes.
- Program administration: Attend and participate in staff meetings (compliance, practice planning, academic, strength & conditioning, individuals), assist with travel arrangements for competition, and other administrative duties as assigned (academic success, leadership coordination, budgetary needs, student-athlete equipment needs, film exchange/video coordination).
- Technical instruction: Attend all practices and games, assist in creating practice plans, implement game plan-oriented drills, prepare strategic plans for opposing teams, prepare and edit game film and scouting reports, oversee specific sport positions.
- Fundraising: Assist in organizing potential fundraising opportunities as well as participate in fundraising activities as assigned.
- Recruiting: Manage recruiting database, correspond with prospective student-athletes; meet with recruits and families when needed; evaluate talent of prospective student-athletes, manage social media presence as assigned.
- Abide by NCAA, NSIC and CSP rules and regulations and pass NCAA recruiting exam on annual basis.
- Other sport-specific duties as assigned..
- May require exposure to adverse weather conditions, frequently involves night and weekend hours.