The Assistant Coach is responsible for planning, developing, and administering the baseball program to achieve program, department, and university goals. This 12-month position includes, but is not limited to, directing all phases of a successful Division III program and ensuring compliance with CUC, NACC, and NCAA Division III rules. Individual must be able to recruit academically qualified and athletically competitive student-athletes and to motivate them to realize their potential in the classroom and on the field.
- Plan, organize, implement, and evaluate recruiting and scouting activities.
- Analyze performance and instruct athletes in game techniques and strategies in preparation for and during athletics competition.
- Oversee the pitchers in the baseball program, as well as work under the Head Coach.
- Work with Head Coach on Fundraising for the program.
- Establish a positive, supportive relationship between the current and alumni baseball players and maintain effective lines of communication.
Minimum Experience Required:
- 5 years of baseball coaching experience with a successful track record of working and developing pitchers preferred.
- Understanding and experience with college recruiting.
- Commitment to continued professional growth and to the mission and values of a church-related liberal arts college are expected.
Concordia does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age.