The Assistant Coach will report directly to the Head Coach. No full-time opportunities are attached to this position. This position is open until filled.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Understand and follow all rules and regulations governing NWAC athletic programs in addition to the NWAC rules governing baseball, especially in matters pertaining to recruitment and eligibility of student athletes;
- Work collaboratively with the Head Coach to track and monitor the academic progress of baseball athletes;
- Work cooperatively with the Athletic Department staff, developing collaborative and collegial relationships with the other coaches in the department;
- ;Assist the Head Coach maintaining athletic equipment assigned to the baseball program and work to improve existing baseball facility, including general field preparation and maintenance;
- Understand and follow the policies and procedures of the Athletic Department.
- Experience in playing or coaching competitive baseball;
- Ability to recruit qualified participants for baseball;
- Ability to provide positive role modeling to student-athletes, staff and the public;
- Have a current or will have a current CPR/First Aid Card.