This is a responsible position that requires working with the Head Coach in the implementation of the baseball program. The work is under the direction of the Head Coach and involves assisting the Head Coach with general overall responsibility for the total baseball program. The Assistant Coach must demonstrate an ability to work cooperatively and enthusiastically with the entire school community and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Valid Illinois State Teaching, Substitute, and/or ASEP Certification.
- Knowledge of the sport.
- Previous coaching experience at the high school level.
- Ability to effectively and enthusiastically communicate with students and Head Coach.
- Demonstrates cooperation, friendliness and enthusiasm toward students, faculty, fellow coaches, and the public sector.
- Motivates student athletes by example.
- Assists with planning, coordinating and supervising a baseball program based on the latest evidence of knowledge and skill about the game.
- Disseminates information to and instructs student athletes and fellow coaches in the above.
- Adheres to the standards of conduct and safety for all student athletes.