Gardner-Webb University, a NCAA Division I institution and Big South Conference member, invites all qualified candidates to apply for the position of Assistant Baseball Coach. This is a professional position responsible for providing coaching, administrative, and instructional assistance to the Head Coach.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the development of the pitching staff.
- Assist head coach in recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
- Provide instruction including preparation, planning, and conducting practice sessions and games.
- Help provide maintenance, development, and upkeep of bullpen
- Assist in administrative duties included, but not limited to, team travel, fundraising, community outreach, and compliance.
- Responsible for the promotion of the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, including, but not limited to, adhering to all departmental policies and procedures as well as the rules and regulations of Gardner-Webb University, the Big South, and the NCAA.
- Perform other duties assigned by Head Coach and/or Director of Athletics.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Four years of related experience playing and/or coaching at the collegiate level is required.