The Assistant Coach must have a strong commitment to following all Post University Policies and Procedures related to athletic training, uniforms, equipment, financial reporting, and compliance. The assistant coach is responsible for recording and turning in all compliance paperwork promptly, including but not limited to recruiting logs, financial aid/NLI request forms, and playing and practice records.
- Provide coaching and daily development to the pitching staff. The candidate must have relative coaching or playing experience in the area of pitching.
- Develop the daily practice plan in conjunction with the Head Coach.
- Implement Rapsodo pitching unit to aid with player development.
- Utilize our in-game video system (Synergy) to assist with scouting, player development, and recruiting.
- Organize, track, and improve metrics of relative data for position players or pitchers
- Oversee all strength training workouts and work in conjunction with the strength staff to develop strength training and mobility programs for our student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and collegiate coaching and/or playing experience required.
- Familiarity with Fast Draw, Microsoft Office, Synergy, and/or video editing.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, student-athletes, and potential recruits and their families.
- Excellent communication, written, and oral skills.
- 1 year coaching experience preferred.