Work under the direction of the head baseball coach and assist with the administration of a successful Division I baseball program. Responsibilities include coaching hitters, recruiting, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the head coach with on-the-field coaching of student-athletes during practices, individual skill training, game preparation and player development.
- Assist the head coach in the administration of the off-season program including conditioning activities.
- Assist in the monitoring of academic progress of each student-athlete participating in the baseball program.
- Assist with preparing the scouting report of all game opponents.
- Assist with team travel planning.
- Be primary recruiter in charge of recruitment of student athletes.
- Act on behalf of the Head Coach when he is absent.
- Bachelor’s degree with five (5) years baseball coaching experience with a combination of college baseball student athlete experience or major league in support.
- Ability to recruit, coach and teach highly talented student athletes.
- Microsoft office platform knowledge.
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.