The Assistant Baseball Coach reports to the Head Coach. This position is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the successful management and administration of all phases of a Varsity Intercollegiate Baseball Program, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Eastern Illinois University, the Ohio Valley Conference and the NCAA.
The Assistant Coach supports the Head Coach in the following:
- Recruit individuals who have exhibited high potential to perform according to Department, Conference and NCAA standards.
- Reinforce academic achievement and graduation as our top priority.
- Use Departmental resources for education, interpretation and advice.
- Responsible for full compliance with University, Department and NCAA regulations.
- Diligent in their preparation to compete aggressively to win championships.
- Collaborate on development of a responsible budget for their sport.
- Responsible for the efficient use of all Department resources.
- Bachelor’s degree required/Master’s preferred.
- Possess (2) or more years of coaching or playing experience or equivalent.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the sport of baseball with an emphasis on pitching.
- Ability to recruit and retain quality baseball student-athletes.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the academic success of the student-athlete.