The Assistant Coach provides assistance to the head coach with all areas of team administration and management, including practice sessions, conditioning workouts, monitoring of student-athletes academic progress, and evaluation and recruiting of prospective student-athletes for the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the head coach and other staff members with routine administrative responsibilities of the assigned sport program and management of the men/women’s team.
- Coaches at the direction of the head coach, provides instruction, demonstration and teaching the sport's dynamics to student-athletes to ensure maximum potential of individuals and the team as a whole.
- Recruits and scouts prospective student-athletes from high school, junior and community colleges.
- Makes recommendations to the head coach regarding potential of student-athletes.
- Stay current, understand, and adhere to all NAIA guidelines and maintain up-to-date rosters, and other information required by athletic department. Will report any violations of these established rules, which may arise, to the proper officials.
- Assist head coach in coordinating team travel, arranging competitive schedule, organizing and scheduling practice sessions, updating and maintaining student-athlete recruiting databases, updating and maintaining files (both hard copy and video) of opponents.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One (1) year previous high school, collegiate or higher-level coaching and playing experience.
- General knowledge of NAIA and NCAA rules.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Oral and written communication skills.