Gettysburg College is seeking an Assistant Baseball Coach (Pitching) to work in the Athletics Department. The position will be responsible for assisting the Head Baseball Coach in the areas of coaching, recruiting, academic oversight, practice planning, game planning, field maintenance, equipment organization, alumni engagement, as well as video and computer technology.
- Coaching during practice and games to ensure proper preparation and readiness for student-athletes, including work with strength and conditioning and video breakdown and analysis;
- Recruit and retain highly qualified student-athletes with a commitment to academic success, including meeting with student-athletes and parents to promote Gettysburg College, as well as use of social media and other strategies to leverage technology;
- Demonstrate a high level of involvement in the personal, academic development, and health and welfare of student-athletes;
- Provide support to College Advancement with fundraising efforts and alumni activities;
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the head coach and/or Executive Director of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Earned a bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree is preferred;
- One to three years of successful coaching experience, collegiate coaching is preferred;
- A strong foundation of the rules of baseball as a player or coach and a full appreciation and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations is preferred;
- Ability to work effectively in the environment of an academically demanding liberal arts institution and abide by all NCAA Division III, Centennial Conference, and institutional policies;
- Knowledge and experience with, or ability to learn, technology applications (i.e.: film breakdown, exchange) applicable to the position;