- Assist with practice planning, execution and on-field instruction.
- Help develop and implement game plans, reports, strategies and on-field duties as assigned.
- Assist in all phases of the recruiting process, specifically the scouting and evaluation of skilled and academically qualified student-athletes.
- Throw quality batting practice and direct position specific group(s). An ability to throw competitive batting practice as well as a strong background in infield and hitting is preferred.
- Monitor academic progress and serve as a program liaison for staff and faculty.
- Coordinate team, alumni and community outreach and events.
- Serve as a mentor, leader and role model to student-athletes.
- 40 hours of game management responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant SCD.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and the ability to identify and recruit qualified student-athletes, including the ability to communicate effectively with recruits, parents, and coaches.
- Outstanding skill instruction and teaching skills, ability to motivate students in both training and competitive realms, experience with training in and out of season, and the capacity to teach in both the varsity and academic settings.
- Strong administrative and computer skills, particularly with Google and database management, and have a strong understanding and/or willingness to learn baseball specific technologies.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Appreciation for the role of intercollegiate athletics in a highly selective academic environment, and the desire to help student-athletes strive for balance in that rigorous setting.
Whitman College is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (EEO) .