Virginia Military Institute is accepting applications for a part time Assistant Baseball Coach. The candidate will be responsible for all facets of conducting a successful NCAA Division I Baseball program. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- On-the-field coaching during practice and competition.
- Recruitment of quality cadet-athletes.
- Game preparation; formulation and implementation of pre-and post-season conditioning programs.
- Know and comply with all NCAA, Southern Conference and Institute rules and regulations.
- Direct and coordinate the planning, organizing, and coaching of the VMI Baseball Team.
- Provide leadership and instruction in terms of the personal and athletic development of cadet- athletes at VMI.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Collegiate coaching and playing experience.
- The ability to recruit in high schools, primarily in Virginia and the surrounding states; and have demonstrated knowledge of and ability to comply with NCAA, conference, and Institute rules and regulations.
- Must possess the knowledge to teach and coach basic fundamentals of the swing.