Under the supervision of the head coach, organizes and administers all matters related to Baseball and enforces all rules and regulations of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJACC), Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C), and the Ohio Community College Athletic Conference (OCCAC) where applicable as a framework to instruct student athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary to achieve individual and team success.
- Ensure compliance with NJCAA, OCCAC, and Tri-C rules and regulations.
- Attends staff meetings when called by the head coach and/or Executive Director, Athletics, Wellness & Recreation.
- Provides emergency first aid and medical care in absence of the trainer.
- Assists with the enforcement of rules and regulations pertaining to conditioning of players and training rules affecting the health and safety of players.
- Assists with the recruitment of student-athletes and scouting opponents.
- Assists with the establishment and enforcement of team rules.
- Minimum one year of experience coaching Baseball and recruiting student athletes.
- Current or renewable Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Current or renewable First Aid or Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) Certification.
- Commitment to student success.
- Sensitivity to the needs of a diverse population.
- Demonstrated experience making sound decisions that affect a work unit or team.