Instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student(s) shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation
ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
- Teach the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques as directed by the head coach.
- Arrange for the issuing, storing, and reconditioning of equipment.
- Responsible for meeting with parents and participants prior to the start of the sport season.
- Follow program expectations, procedures and policies developed by head coach.
- Complete delegated duties as assigned by head coach.
- Provide proper safeguard for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Present information to news media concerning schedules, tournaments and contest results.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Meets CHSAA certification requirements.
- Ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Successful coaching experience in assigned sport.
- Substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and at the same time must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- Demonstrated effective problem solving skills.
- Coaching experience and knowledge of CHSAA.