The University of Indianapolis is accepting applications for a Part-Time Assistant Baseball Coach. Responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting the head coach in the teaching and instruction of the sport of baseball. Instruction of the sport includes coordination of the learning environment during practices, competitions, the principles of conditioning, etc. Responsibilities also include other duties as assigned by the head coach.
- Assist the head coach in the overall instruction of the sport of baseball (Instructional areas include Infield practice education, rules & regulations, NCAA Compliance and, health and safety factors).
- Follow the guidance and direction of the head coach.
- Educate prospective student-athletes about the UIndy program.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Successfully pass the NCAA required Modules as dictated by the UIndy Compliance office.
- Previous collegiate playing and/or coaching experience is required.
- Commitment to the philosophy of NCAA Division II level intercollegiate athletics.
- Dedication to the philosophy and the policies of the University of Indianapolis, the department of athletics and the NCAA.
- Quality writing and speaking skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with student-athletes, parents, faculty, administrators and outside constituents.
- Candidate must comply with NCAA Compliance.
- This position requires extensive early morning, late evening and weekend hours as well as travel.