DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The assistant coach reports to the head coach and the high school athletic director.
- The assistant coach is responsible for, and supervises all aspects of their level of the program with direction of the head coach.
- Provides the head coach with information pertaining to his/her level of the program (scores, schedules, sites, discipline concerns, procedures and is directly responsible for inventory of supplies and equipment, etc.) Schedules and attends practice sessions, develops and implements individual/team training plans by the day, week, month, year as appropriate for their level in conjunction with the overall program goals/philosophy.
- Makes sure each athlete is cleared from the athletic office to participate.
- Complies with the rules and regulations as established by CCSD, Centennial League, and the Colorado High School Activities Association.
- Assist with the organization and developing the high school program.
- Basic knowledge of baseball.
- Possess or has the ability to acquire a valid Colorado Coaching Certificate.
- Successfully pass the CHSAA coaches test, acquire CHSSA coaching registration and complete a concussion course per State Legislation and CHSAA By-Laws.
- CPR & AED Certification required.