Menlo School is seeking an exceptional assistant baseball coach. The successful candidate will have competitive baseball coaching experience either at the high school, college and/or elite club level, the ability to teach baseball fundamentals, work closely with the head coach, and improve the skills of baseball players of varying abilities.
- Assist with the organization and administration of the baseball team.
- Teach skills, rules and strategy in effective training sessions.
- Stay current on all Athletics rules and policies within the PAL and CCS.
- Reinforce guidelines and team rules.
- Model the importance of sportsmanship and foster a team-player attitude.
- Provide a safe environment for student-athletes (physically and mentally).
- Work collaboratively and effectively with the Head Coach, Athletic Trainers, Sports Performance Coaches, Equipment Manager, other coaches, Facilities personnel and others in the Department.
- Ability to work with parents, faculty, staff and students in a constructive manner - even under stressful conditions.
- At least three years prior baseball playing and/or coaching experience at the high school, college and/or elite club level.
- Experience that includes knowledge of National Federation High School (NFHS) rules and regulations of the sport and a knowledge of adolescent psychology as it relates to sports participation is preferred.
- Possession of valid, unexpired CPR, and First Aid certifications.
- NFHS coach certification.