Assist the head coach in all phases of the program. Supervise and manage the day to day operations of the athletic team, including teaching and coaching; provide leadership and support for the vision and strategies of the head coach. Contribute to the overall Athletics & Physical Education Department through teaching Physical Education classes and additional duties. Assist with recruiting and travel with the team to away-from-home contests.
What You'll Do:
- Assist with planning and executing all team practice sessions and competition.
- Prepare, plan, conduct, and evaluate practice sessions in conjunction with head coach.
- Provide consultation and advice to head coach and team members.
- Serve as mentor to athletes, helping resolve academic and non-academic issues.
- Monitor and counsel student-athletes regarding academic progress, etc.
- Scout future opponents by film, watching games, and/or telephone reports.
- Prepare and present scouting reports on future opponents.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1 year playing and/or coaching experience.
- Solid background in hitting instruction.
- Ability to coach catchers or infielders.
- Strong communication and motivational skills.
- Demonstrate a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities and progression for student-athletes.
- Ability to identify athletic and academic talent.
- Inclusive mindset and commitment to creating and valuing a diverse community.