DESIRABLE CHARACTERISTICS FOR COACHES:
- A thorough knowledge of the sport or subject matter.
- Personal and moral character which will be of proper influence upon those whom they coach.
- The motivation to teach and encourage student athletes to realize their full potential.
- Skill and adeptness in teaching - every coach should be a competent teacher with the ability to understand the nature of those being taught.
- An efficient sense of organization.
- Leadership ability to motivate others.
- Ability to relate well with adolescent youngsters in a variety of settings.
- ASEP or NFHS Certification prior to first day coaching.
- First Aid or ability to obtain training.
- Prior coaching experience preferred.
All qualified persons will be considered for employment. We encourage applicants of every race, color, religion, gender orientation, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, ability.