This person reports to the Head Baseball Coach. The successful candidate will operate with a committed understanding that in the pursuit of athletic excellence, we also seek to develop students for Christian life and service. This position is 10 hours/week; 12 months/year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with the mission and vision of Wheaton College; adhere to all College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist the head coach in all aspects related to recruiting, selecting, and retaining a minimum of 35-40 team members that reflect the profile of Wheaton College students.
- Monitor team standards.
- Assist the head coach in practice planning and conducting to prepare team for competition.
- Travel with team.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Collegiate playing experience;
- Ability to motivate and inspire student-athletes on and off of the baseball field;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Commitment to the values of NCAA Division III athletics and Christ-centered education;
- Strong organizational skills.
- Competency in MSOffice computer programs.