- Current coaching license from State of Iowa.
- Ability to work well with others and willingness to assume responsibility.
- Ability to effectively supervise students while maintaining a positive relationship with them.
- Enjoys working with young people as well as staff and parents.
- Capable of representing the school in a professional manner, which includes, but is not limited to: confidentiality, good oral and written communication skills, regular attendance and appropriate dress.
- Ensure that all athletes are properly supervised at all times.
- Attend annual coaches meeting each year to participate in the review of school policies.
- Participate in organizing and conducting a meeting with parents to discuss policies, expectations and any other information deemed necessary, before the first interscholastic contest.
- Assist with making sure that all physical forms and concussion are completed and returned to the head coach.
- Help get equipment ready to be used and assist head coach in issuing equipment and uniforms.
- Ensure that training rules and eligibility regulations are enforced and violations reported.
- Help organize home events and get facilities ready for use.
- Be sure that all athletes have completed a “consent for medical treatment card” and keep available for all practices and contests.
- Help supervise and maintain the locker rooms, showers and training rooms.
- Help secure the facilities after events and practices.
The Clear Creek Amana School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation or gender identity. Federal law obligates an employer to provide reasonable accommodation for the known disabilities of applicants, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship on the employer.