The assistant baseball coach will be responsible for helping the head coach with aspects of planning, developing, and coaching the baseball program within NCAA Division II rules and regulations. The assistant coach will help the head coach with recruitment and development of student-athletes while also supporting a culture that offers a positive NCAA Division II student-athlete experience. This is a part-time 10 month appointment.
- Fielding a competitive team that assists with enrollment goals.
- Recruit academically and athletically qualified student-athletes.
- Help plan and implement instructional practices that maximize the talent and potential of student-athletes, while instilling values such as, sportsmanship, leadership, and personal wellness.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate to, and motivate, student-athletes and to work with a variety of University staff, alumni, and the outside community.
- Commitment to compliance and knowledge of NCAA rules.
- Promote the mission of the Athletic Department and Rockhurst University.
- Must have excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Bachelors Degree.
- 2+ years coaching experience.
Rockhurst University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Rockhurst uses E-Verify.