Assist the head coach in running an athletic team in instructing the players by coaching in practices/games, and matches. Assist in recruiting student-athletes to participate in their sport. Role model excellent behavior in coaching, recruiting and mentoring to student-athletes.
- Assist the head coach in organizing and coaching in practices and games/matches.
- Assist the head coach in recruiting student-athletes communicating with athletes, parents,
and their high school/travel coaches.
- Assist the head coach in Off-season training/open gyms for current team and future ,
- Adhere to all institution and NJCAA (National Junior College Athletic Association).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to adhere to all policies, rules and regulations of Elgin Community College the ISCC (Illinois Skyway Collegiate Conference) and the NJCAA (National Junior College Athletic Association). Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in any writing. Ability to teach, train and lead baseball activities.
- 2 years of coaching experience,
- AED/CPR certified
- Valid driver’s license,
- Minimum (AA) Associate Arts Degree.
- Help the head coach create teamwork and team building.
- Demonstrate interest in and an aptitude for performing tasks coaching their specific sport.