Provided leadership for the school’s entire athletic wrestling program through the ongoing development, implementation and improvement of specific sport coached.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in implementing athletic standards as outlined in the MSHSAA Handbook and attend all MSHSAA required sessions;
- Assist in the coordination of the program;
- Assist in the supervision of students at practices and contests;
- Help provide information for transportation, facilities, officials and game management;
- Help organize and schedule practice sessions on a regular basis with the objective of developing the student-athlete’s greatest potential.
- Emphasize safety precautions and be aware of the best training and injury management procedures;
- Conduct team and self in an ethical manner during practices and contests, always exemplifying the highest standards of sportsmanship;
- Assist in getting the systematic return of all school equipment in accordance with the KCPS Athletic Department Handbook.
- Must possess a four-year college degree and be contracted by the KCPS Board of Education for the school year as a full or part time teacher or 1-3 years of coaching experience.
- Knowledge of particular sport (philosophy & coaching)
- Must successfully complete the MSHSAA/NFHS Coaching Principles Course and Sports First Aid Courses.
- A strong commitment to the student-athlete concept and working knowledge of all collegiate eligibility center regulations.