The Coach provides leadership and expertise regarding the rules, strategies, and techniques for the assigned activity, utilizing knowledge of the specific equipment, physical fitness and safety to prepare participants mentally and physically to compete at the highest level.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Prepare successful practice/rehearsals and game/performance plans.
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff.
- Encourage student participation and establish rapport.
- Motivate participants/athletes to achieve maximum potential.
- Maintain equipment and uniforms.
- Supervise all areas of participation including but not limited to: gyms, fields, arenas, theater, locker or dressing rooms, buses, etc.
- Work collaboratively with staff, Activities Director, families and community resources.
- Maintains compliance with all rules and regulations of the MSHSL.
- Complies with and supports all school district regulations and policies.
- Develops a program specific handbook.