This position is under minimal supervision of the Head Baseball Coach. Assists with directing and coordinating all aspects of the development, management, and operation of a community college baseball program as per NJCAA rules and regulations. Assists the Head Baseball Coach with the development of all goals and objectives, training strategies, and player behavior on or off the baseball field. Assists with planning events and coordinating publicity with LCC PR Coordinator and assists in managing equipment and facilities
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with organizing, preparing, and conducting team practices; oversees drills, provides group and one-on-one instruction during training and competition.
- Assists with preparing a recruitment plan that coordinates and collaborates with the LCC A&R Department strategies to recruit the best suitable student-athlete in accordance with NJCAA regulations.
- Attends recruiting events discussed in the recruitment plan; properly contact and maintain contact with probable student athletes discussed during recruiting meetings.
- Assist with coordinating all transportation, meals and lodging for the team.
- Assists in the overseeing of warm-up, stretching, weight training, speed & agility, and arm training program; ensures student athletes progress and adherence to the activities which comprise the program.
- Assists with student-athlete academic progress; supervise study halls and academic progress reports.
- Compiles, distributes, reports and maintains all statistical information for teams and individual student athletes. Makes this information available to those who request the information.
- Organizes camps, clinics, and workshops related to their sport.
- Coordinates all field maintenance activities with LCC Staff to ensure proper and safe field conditions at all practices, games and events.
Education, Experience and Licenses:
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) is required. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
- At least three years of coaching, field maintenance, team development experience at the high school or community college level or a combination of education and experience.