The Assistant Baseball Coach identifies, recruits, coaches and retains student athletes. Schedules contests and participates in athletic development and fundraising activities for athletics programs. Promotes and oversees the academic well-being of student athletes. Reviews film to scout other teams and provides leadership for all aspects of the baseball program.
- Assists the Baseball Head Coach with day-to-day activities associated with the program including, but not limited to, recruitment, on field coaching, video work, and community involvement.
- Provides leadership for all aspects of Baseball to ensure a highly competitive and successful program.
- Serves as a role model to mentor team members to develop and display appropriate behavior and sportsmanship expected of athletic teams and individuals representing LSUS.
- Observes athletes during practice and competition to identify opportunities for individual or team improvement. Teaches players specific tasks and skills before, during, and after practice.
- Schedules contests and reviews film to scout other teams.
- Supports and monitors academic performance and social development of the student athletes.
- Assists with recruitment of new student athletes including, but not limited to, attends off-campus games for the purpose of contact and evaluation, manages recruitment material mailings, maintains contact and plans campus visits with prospective student athletes.
- Coordinates all enrollment activities of Baseball student athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Three years of coaching experience at the high school level or above.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel regularly for games, recruiting and scouting opponents.