The coaching assistant, who will have the working title of Assistant Baseball Coach, will assist the head coach with the day-to-day operations of our successful NCAA Division II baseball program. This includes, but is not limited to, recruiting, preparation for practice and competition scheduling, team travel organization, assisting the head coach with the athletic scholarships process, compliance with all NCAA rules, and student-athlete welfare.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- NCAA DI or DII collegiate coaching experience.
- Knowledge of NCAA compliance rules and regulations.
- No NCAA major violations.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to maintain/obtain a California Driver’s License and campus defensive driving certification.
- Ability to maintain/obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certification.
- Per the California State University’s Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is prohibited from hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. Working in the State of California is a condition of employment.
- NCAA DI or DII coaching experience working with pitchers.
- NCAA DI or DII recruiting experience.
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate a commitment to diversity and/or intercultural competence with diverse groups that relates to coaching responsibilities.