- Promote the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletic program, including adherence and enforcement of all departmental policies and procedures, as well as University, Conference and NAIA rules and regulations.
- Coach student-athletes within the baseball program; as directed, assist practice to maximize time, effort, safety and skill
- As directed, monitor and encourage academic progress of the student-athlete culminating in their graduation; counsel student-athletes as needed in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters, including consulting with the Student Services personnel and other University administrators to resolve problems.
- Provide for the safety and welfare of team members at all fitness levels working closely with the athletic training staff
- Assist with recruiting and retaining outstanding student-athletes to the MNU baseball program who excel academically; coordinate contact with recruits and their families; meet with unsolicited potential walk on student athletes and their families
- Represent the athletic department at professional, civic, charitable, and alumni events as requested; assist with coordinating community service projects, leadership training, and outreach activities as part of the NAIA’s Champions of Character program.
- Experience in scouting, recruiting, and training student athletes.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing, in a manner consistent with professional standards.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with persons both internal and external to the University, both on the telephone and in person. The ability to relate in a caring manner to students and families from a broad range of backgrounds, both in group situations and individually, and to effectively advise students and mediate disputes, some of which will be emotionally-charged.
- The ability to remain calm in crisis situations, to act decisively, and to apply sound judgment in determining appropriate action regarding interventions, assistance and referral of students to other University staff members.
- Ability to respond to student, parent, faculty and staff questions and concerns.
- Ability to establishing collaborative working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and outside constituent groups.
- Ability to prioritize and deal with several tasks concurrently, while maintaining flexibility, high energy, creativity, and attention to detail.