The Assistant Baseball Coach is responsible for providing administrative, instructional, and coaching assistance to the Head Coach with the purpose of building a successful, competitive intercollegiate sports program that also retains and graduates student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent).
- Baseball coaching experience (minimum of 3 years) at the postsecondary or professional level.
- Proven ability to successfully identify and accurately assess the talent of baseball athletes at an elite level of the sport through the use of video analysis systems and exercise science technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as demonstrated through public speaking engagements, clinician experience, and/or use of effective and creative training/coaching techniques.
- Ability to work constructively and collaboratively in a diverse environment, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusting relationships.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the professionalism and intensity necessary to successfully contribute to a Division I athletics program.
- Demonstrated experience in off-campus talent assessment;
- Experience with Trackman, Pulse Sensor, Rapsodo, and Edgertronic Camera video systems and computer software.