The Assistant Baseball Coach provides instruction to members of the baseball team and makes recommendations to the Head Coach related to game and practice strategy. The Assistant Baseball Coach is responsible for on-court instruction of student-athletes, review of game film to assist in the athletic development of student-athletes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- This position conducts practices and assists in game preparations along with the head coach to develop a competitive team. Advises student-athletes in fundamentals and training. Supervises drills and exercises. Responsible for the day to day goals, plans and workout sessions for the Baseball program. This position scouts opponents; maintains records and strategies, statistics and personnel, and analyzes the information in order to propose game plans and strategies
- This position recruits prospective student-athletes by evaluating their skills (both athletic and academic); maintaining records and statistics and visiting their schools and homes in order to field a nationally competitive Baseball team.
- The assistant coach also oversees safety and maintenance of equipment, facilities supplies and other functional aspects of the program.
- This position monitors the academic records of the Baseball team and counsels the student-athletes on academic requirements and standards to insure academic progress and degree completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or minimum of 3 years coaching at a college/professional level.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Available for flexible hours including nights and weekends.