The Assistant Baseball Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Baseball coach in creating and maintaining a successful program for the institution on the field, in the classroom and in the community.
- Teaching of skills required for both team and individual player development in coordination with the Head Coach.
- Assists with on-field coaching.
- Instruction and supervision of strength and fitness conditioning of individuals and team.
- Assists in identifying and recruiting academically and athletically talented student athletes.
- Assists operational aspects of team management, including but not limited to: equipment inventory and field preparation and maintenance.
- Develops and maintains relationships with students, colleagues, staff, alumni, parents to ensure the success and growth of the program.
- Serves as manager in Cochran Wellness Center for hours to be specified by Director of Athletics and Wellness.
- Bachelor's degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years’ experience or service..
- Experience as a player or coach at the collegiate or professional level may substitute for education requirements.