The Assistant Baseball Coach works to assist the Head Coach and other assistant coaches, performing all duties in compliance with all NCAA, Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference, and Earlham College rules and regulations.
- Help plan and host prospective student-athlete visits to campus.
- Assist head coach in responding to contacts generated over the year. These include coaches’ mailings, player questionnaires, attendance at showcases, observing team practices and games, phone calls, recruiting services, emails and admissions contacts.
- Establish and maintain recruiting data base (FrontRush).
- Perform phone calls, zoom calls and emails to recruits usually 10-20 calls per night, 5-7 nights per week.
- Attend practices and/or games of recruits usually 3-4 per week during season.
- Attend showcases and tournaments throughout the year.
- Applicant needs to have a strong desire and ability to successfully recruit.
- Send out our program newsletter to recruits and alumni weekly.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Previous collegiate coaching experience, preferably at a DIII school, or success as a head coach at the high school level.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional leadership and a commitment to, and understanding and appreciation of, NCAA DIVISION III athletics and wellness in a private liberal arts college.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience working on a campus with a diverse student body.
- Current and valid driver’s license required.