This position is under supervision of the Head Baseball Coach. Assists with directing and coordinating all aspects of the development, management, and operation of a community college baseball program as per NJCAA rules and regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with organizing, preparing, and conducting team practices; oversees drills, provides group and one-on-one instruction during training and competition.
- Assists with preparing a recruitment plan that coordinates and collaborates with the LCC A&R Department strategies to recruit the best suitable student-athlete in accordance with NJCAA regulations.
- Attends recruiting events discussed in the recruitment plan; properly contact and maintain contact with probable student athletes discussed during recruiting meetings.
- Assist with coordinating all transportation, meals and lodging for the team.
- Assists in the overseeing of warm-up, stretching, weight training, speed & agility, and arm training program; ensures student athletes progress and adherence to the activities which comprise the program.
- Assists with student-athlete academic progress; supervise study halls and academic progress reports.
- Compiles, distributes, reports and maintains all statistical information for teams and individual student athletes. Makes this information available to those who request the information.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in the development of Community College athletic programs.
- Knowledge in management and team building concepts.
- Knowledge in procurement and monitoring and development of a financial budget.
- Knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations a plus.
- Knowledge of FERPA rules and regulations a plus.
- Skills in weight and diet training concepts.
- Skills in field maintenance.
- Ability to adhere to required office hours.