The responsibilities of an Assistant Coach include creating strategies for the team, instructing the players, and providing mentorship. To be successful you should have solid knowledge of soccer and its rules, be able to develop winning strategies, and have good communication skills.
- Assist, as directed by the head coach, in attracting/recruiting a talented roster of participants to include a combination of H.S. event, practice, campus and/or home visits, using technology and other successful recruitment methods. An expectation that recruits’ academic history, character, background, ability, financial/family support, commitment etc. will become known and result in a successful experience at our institution.
- Assist with orientation of athletes to MCC and the sports program.
- Understand and commit to appropriate and safe athlete conditioning activities. (Conditioning is not to be perceived as disciplinary).
- Knowledge and ability to instruct athletes in fundamental and advanced college-level techniques as appropriate. Excellent teaching ability and an understanding of the different learning styles of students.
- Assist with retention and advancement of players with concentration on academic, athletic and personal growth and success.
- Scout opponents in those sports having this as a normal expectation.
- Basic computer skills/access to include: e-mail, current e-mail address, statistics and other job-specific/technology related skills, strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Assist with practice organization.
- Certification in First Aid and CPR/AED either prior to employment or as part of post-hiring MCC staff development. To insure that appropriate paperwork and documentation is filed on athletes who become injured when under supervision.
- A strong, pre-existing connection to the geographical area known as McHenry County, is preferred.
- Involvement in Club, AAU, Travel teams and other like athletic entities, a plus.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and/or the head coach.