Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Assistant Head Baseball Coach will support and enhance the mission of the San Diego State University Athletic Department. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting in the direction of the Baseball program, performing a variety of coaching functions related to the sport of baseball in the Athletic Department. These coaching functions include, but are not limited to the following: recruiting, administrative, coaching, teaching, staging, fundraising.
- Demonstrated ability and success in teaching hitting fundamentals.
- High level knowledge of baseball.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and motivate student-athletes to maximum performance level in sports and academic achievement.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships on campus and in the community.
SDSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers all qualified candidates for employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered military and veteran status, or any other protected characteristic or status.